Coral Island, also known as Ko Hey, is a small island in Rawai, southeast of the mainland of Phuket. Blessed with coral reefs and azure waters, the island is home to vibrant tropical fish, perfect for snorkeling and diving. The island has two white sandy beaches, Long Beach and Banana Beach, open all year round. A quiet place to enjoy with family, have a private romantic dinner with your partner or enjoy activities with friends, Coral Island has it all. Plan an overnight stay that will make your experience fantastic.
Located in the southeast of Phuket, Coral Islands offers visitors a variety of options for a fun-filled vacation. With its beautiful beaches and coral reefs, tourists can spend the day engaging in various activities ranging from relaxing massages to scuba diving, snorkelling courses, and a host of other water sports.
Tours to Coral island
Located just 15 minutes by speedboat from Chalong Pier, Coral Island is the best choice for water sports enthusiasts and nature lovers.
A standard tour to Coral Island includes the following.
- Pick up from your hotel and transfer to Chalong Pier by speedboat.
- When you arrive on the island by speedboat, you can relax in beach chairs, snorkel, or hike.
- Light breakfast and drinks followed by water sports such as ocean walks, parasailing, and kayaking (needs to be hired).
- After lunch, take the speedboat to Chalong Pier and disembark at your hotel.
Things to Bear in Mind
- Tours can be half-day, full day and overnight.
- Half-day tours cost around THB 1,000 for adults and THB 700 for children over three years old.
- Full-day tours cost around 2,700-3,000 THB. Package prices may vary depending on the activities you choose. The package generally offers a combination of snorkelling, parasailing, sea tours and banana boat rides.
- You can also opt for a two-day, one-night package. You can spend a peaceful night in the night room with comfortable mattresses, pillows, blankets and electric lights.
- You can also plan a whole day trip to Raya and Coral Islands and spend time on both islands. This tour will cost you about 3000 THB.
- Bring a bathing suit, towel, camera and some cheap money during the tour.
- The mask and the beach chair are part of the package.
Things to Do at Coral Island, Phuket
With crystal clear waters and two long stretches of white sand beaches, one will have an unforgettable experience with many exciting activities on Coral Island. Explore and enjoy any activity that interests you.
- Banana Boating
- Ocean Hiking
- Sasuba/Power Snorkeling
- Hand-Fed Tropical Fish
- In high season, due to its small size, the island can be crowded, and you may only be able to complete some activities. Since the island does not experience extreme weather conditions and is open year-round, planning your trip during the off-season will make the journey more rewarding and fun.
- Lockers are available on the beach at an additional cost. Please do not bring valuables if you do not wish to rent a locker.
- If you want peace, booking an overnight stay at Coral Island Resort, the only resort available on the island, is better. Book accommodation early for a beachfront bungalow. Banana Beach is quieter than Long Beach, as the latter is the main activity centre.
- If you want to avoid the crowds, take a short walk to Banana Beach and relax. !