Freedom Beach is a pristine 300m stretch of white sand peppered with granite rocks and surrounded with the aid of lush inexperienced hills complete with jungles. The particular area of Freedom Beach offers it an exquisite feel. Although it was challenging to enter this seashore earlier, it has become much less difficult to visit this piece of paradise by longtail boats nowadays. Freedom Beach additionally has mini-dreams for football and posts for seashore volleyball. Unfortunately, Freedom Beach is frequently reachable with the aid of using a Longtail boat. The longtail boat season is maximum at some point of the excessive season, typically from December to June. Though each of the northern and southern tips of Freedom Island has many coral reefs, the reefs at the south facet are more colorful and striking.
Freedom Beach in Phuket is a 300-meter stretch of white sand near Patong. The beach is located in a magnificent bay dotted with granite boulders and surrounded by hills covered with the dense jungle: accessibility but worth the effort. Besides sunbathing, you can enjoy beach soccer (two mini-goals available), beach volleyball, and snorkeling. The shallow waters at either end of the beach are home to excellent living.
At Freedom Beach, there are no jet skis or loud entertainment at sea – the only audible engines are those of the longtail boats in the distance.
How to get to Freedom Beach
A jetty at the southern end of Patong Beach has long tail boats that can take you to Freedom Beach. It usually costs around 1100-1500 baht for a round trip. It’s pretty expensive as it only takes 10 minutes to get there, but it’s the only option for those who can’t handle the physically demanding walk to the beach. There are two ways to get to the Freedom Beach car park, which is about 200 meters above the bay. Coming from the southern end of Patong Bay, follow the road up the hill, turn left at Amari Coral Beach, pass Baan Yin Dee Resort and at the bottom of the hill, turn left towards Avista Hideaway Resort, 700 meters away is the Freedom Beach parking lot.
The other entrance on the same road/path is just before the top of Patong Hill, on the Patong to Karon Beach road. Coming from Patong, the road to Freedom Beach car park is on the right-hand side, just after Rasta Baby Bar (on the left-hand side of the road).
Things to do at Freedom Beach:
- At “One n Only Restaurant & Bar” on the south side of Freedom Beach, you can rent a sun bed and umbrella for only 120 THB.
- Because the water is clean, you can swim safely depending on the beach time.
- The shallow north and south tips of this beach are home to an incredible variety of underwater flora and fauna, making it a perfect spot for snorkeling.
- Whether it’s football or volleyball, this quiet little island is a beautiful place to play sports. Whether digging a simulated ditch, building a sandcastle, or just playing with sand, you can spend quality time with your child or children here.
- You can pack lunch or brunch and head to Freedom Island for a picnic lunch.
- Have lunch at the One n Only Restaurant & Bar on this beach if you need to pack a lunch.
- With a capacity of around 120 seats, the restaurant is a small shady haven surrounded by palm trees and pergolas.
- The One n Only Restaurant and Bar serves an extensive Thai menu and some international dishes and can be a little pricey.